Snazzy Snacks!

Last week we finally did our first round of Snazzy Snacks!  This is something that I have done for the past couple of years and the kids love it!  I first heard about it from Mrs. Bainbridge.  At Open House Night I have parents sign-up to bring in ingredients for our snacks throughout the year.  About a week or so ahead of time I send home a shopping list of ingredients with the parent(s) who signed up.

 

The first step in Snazzy Snacks is writing down the recipe.  I make a set of classroom cookbooks that the students write each recipe in.  Then at the end of the year they will get to take it home and can make any of our yummy snacks again at home.  I print the covers on colored cardstock and usually also laminate them for durability.


After everyone has written the recipe (a great handwriting exercise) we all get to make the recipe.

*Click on the image to get a free copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment