Star Student

One of our favorite activities each week is Star Student.  We make these great little booklets that the students get to keep when it's their special week.
On Friday I send home the student's information sheet for the upcoming week.  They bring it back in on Monday and I hang up their completed sheet and any pictures they've sent in.  
We have our sharing day on Thursday (because we don't have any specials that day).  The kids share their sheet, pictures, and anything they have brought in to share.  We don't do Show-and-Tell so this is a their time to bring in something special to show the class.  When they're all finished I let them call on five people for comments or questions.  
At this point we make our Star Student Books.  They each fill out page on the Star Student-I have a few different sheets for the students to choose from:
______ is a good friend because, ______ is awesome because or ______ is special because.
  For their writing I like to have them write something special and specific about the Star Student, not just "She is nice."  While the class is filling out these sheets the Star Student gets to color
their cover sheet. 
When it's all done I let the Star Student pick a color for their book cover.  I laminate the cover sheet, their information sheet and the back cover.  Then I have the whole thing bound and the Star Student gets to take it home as a keepsake.

If you'd like to get the cover and writing sheets head over to my TPT page!





No comments:

Post a Comment