Welcome 2018!

I have taken quite a break from blogging this year.  I'm still not sure where the first half of the school year went.  One of my teaching resolutions this year was to get back on the 'blogging train' so here we go!

We did a great writing activity that I got from Missing Tooth Grins.  It had had the students write about what they did on Winter Break, Christmas and New Years.  My favorite part was the 'Find a Friend' activity at the end of the packet.

After a solid week of indoor recess due to below zero temps, we needed an activity to get us up and moving!  The students had to find a person who did a variety of things and have them write their name in the box.  Examples were: Find a Friend who....Went out of town, Built a snowman, Drank hot chocolate, Read a good book and many more.
The trick was they could only use a person once, which made them check with everyone.  They did a really great job and I loved that it got them moving a talking to everyone in class.





I definitely need to find more activities like this for us to do in the upcoming cold weeks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment