Open House

We had our Open House night on Tuesday and it was so much fun!  I love getting to see all of the new faces that will make up my first grade group this year.  Of course I meant to take pictures of my room BEFORE they came in, but as I got busy setting I forgot.  I did take some after photos though so you could see the scavenger-hunt like set up I used. 

I was using Meet the Teacher Night signs from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits and they are great.  I used them for the first time last year and they worked so well.  It gives the families a purpose and a plan to follow while they are in my room and I am trying to get around to meet with everyone.

This is what they saw when they walked in the room . . .
  

Here are some sorted school supplies . . . 


This is how I had parents tell me how their child was getting home from school (the little cards have the students name and a blank bus number for them to fill in).


The first day of school is coming up on Tuesday and I am so excited to get things started again!!



No comments:

Post a Comment